Up to 2 pets (domesticated household dogs or cats) may stay with guests in an available unit on the first or second floor of the resort only. Pets may consist of dogs or cats only and must weigh less than 50 pounds each. NOTE that certain breeds, regardless of weight are prohibited. (Specific language governing pets allowed and not allowed at Casa Playa follows later in this section. Please be sure you review this information before arriving with your pet!)
A special pet fee of $25 per night per pet will be added to the unit daily rental fee. In addition pet owners are advised that a minimum of $150 may be assessed during the stay or following departure if necessary to clean pet “accidents”, clear pet odors or treat for fleas.
You MUST notify our reservation staff at the time you make your reservation that you will be bringing a pet (s). Then, while you are at Casa Playa, the following Rules will apply at all times: CASA PLAYA RESORT PET RULES
A limited number of “friendly” household pets (dogs or cats of approved breeds) are welcome at Casa Playa. While we all love our pets, pets present a liability which must be recognized by their owners.
Before pets will be welcomed at Casa Playa, owners must:
1. Give advance notice that they are bringing a pet.
2. Provide a written description of each pet including size and weight.
3. Provide evidence, via a current veterinary certificate, that pets have been vaccinated against rabies.
4. Provide evidence, via an insurance certificate (homeowners or other liability policy), that the pet owner(s) carry liability insurance covering their pet for personal injury to other persons.
5. Agree to indemnify all unit owners, guests, the Agent and the Association from physical damage or personal injury caused by their pet.
6. Agree to pay a daily fee, based on the size of the pet, to have the pet stay at Casa Playa.
7. Agree to accept repair and/or cleaning charges for damage caused by pets to property inside or outside of the rental unit.
8. Agree to not leave a dog unattended for long periods of time in rental unit.
9. Agree to provide a contact telephone number (cell phone or other contact) to the Rental Management/Security office so the pet owner may be contacted in the event the pet misbehaves or is disruptive to other guests.
10. Agree to abide by the “Official Casa Playa Resort Pet Governing Language” shown below.
If pet owners do not wish to, or cannot comply with the above Pet Rules, pets will not be welcome at Casa Playa and pet owners must arrange for their pet to stay at a kennel of the owner’s choice.
Having a pet at Casa Playa is a privilege. If the privilege is abused and/or if the Rules are not followed, you will be asked to leave the property without refund.
Official Casa Playa Resort Pet Governing Language:
Please take the time to read and understand this official policy before arriving with your pet.
The owner of each unit on the first and second floors may keep (2 pets) of a normal domesticated household type (such as cat(s) or dog(s), each weighing less than 50 pounds, in the designated unit(s), provided it is not kept, bred or maintained for any commercial purpose.
The following breed of dogs, no matter what the weight (including mixes thereof) are prohibited from being kept on the Condominium property; Akita, Basenji, Chow, Doberman Pinscher, English Mastiff, German Pinscher, German Shepherd, any of the Husky breeds, Malamute, Pit Bull, Presna Canarious and Rottweiler.
The owner of each pet shall immediately check in with the front desk to register the animal. The owner must present proof that the animal has been properly vaccinated and that it has a current City, County or State license. Upon check-in the owner of each pet shall be required to sign a form holding the Association harmless and agreeing to indemnify the Association from any loss, including but not limited to Attorneys fees and costs, as a result of that pet or animal.
The pet(s) must be carried under the owner’s arm or be leashed at all times while on the condominium property outside of the unit. No pet or animal shall be allowed in the pool area, common area bath rooms, elevator or other areas designated by the Board of Directors.
The ability to keep such pets is a privilege, not a right and the Board of Directors is empowered to order and enforce the removal of any pet which becomes a source of unreasonable annoyance to other residents of the Condominium.
No reptiles, monkeys, rodents, amphibians, poultry, swine or livestock may be kept in or on the Condominium property.
The Board of Directors for the Association shall establish a daily rate for maintaining the pet in the unit